- 5 years’ experience as a Community Manager and/or Property Manager within a 500+ unit’s community and at least 1-2 years’ experience working in a competitive metropolitan luxury market
- Class A experience
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience using Yardi or similar property management software.
- 3 or more years’ experience managing a team of ten or more.
- Previous training in Equal Housing requirements.
COMPUTER SKILLS SOFTWARE
Working acquaintance of industry software such as Pop Card (digital guest card), Yardi or comparable Property management software, MS Office Suite, Resident Background/credit screening service.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring the effective operation of residential apartment homes and community of 500+ units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
- Responsible for overseeing all property operations including: sales/leasing, maintenance, financial management and resident services and relationship management
- Conducts Daily physical inspections of the property ensuring that all grounds, curb appeal, amenities and market ready units are meeting corporate, resident and prospective resident expectations and addressing areas of opportunities in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Responsible for overall resident relations through the oversight and development of staff that can execute on objectives including: ensuring positive interactions with residents, resident issues resolution, resident retention and resident referrals.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the property including meeting occupancy requirements, increasing GPR, collecting rents due, late payment assessments, delinquency reporting.
- Supervises the activities of the community Assistant Manager in relation to delinquency management and ensures the preparation of 3-day notices to pay or quit, timely processing, in accordance with state law, of the Statement of Deposit Account (SODA) upon resident move–out.
- Maintains high occupancy level through support of leasing activities, through active coaching and motivation of staffing, staying up to date of market conditions and understanding of competitive pricing.
- Within discretion, upholds and enforces company policy and as necessary escalates and seeks support from Regional Manager on matters outside of scope of responsibilities.
- Responsible for oversight and execution of office and accounting functions including resident file documentation, and receipt and timely processing of payables/receivables, accepting rental payments and post rents to the property management system. Recording monies collected and preparing bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Complies with federal, state regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Oversees Leasing Manager in relation to the leasing team’s activities with new leases and lease renewals including: training and development, sales coaching, lease preparation/documentation, lease review and approval, new Reviews and approves all lease files and ensures leasing team is meeting leasing goals.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Oversees and promotes all property marketing and promotion efforts including updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, distributing newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Responsible for the overall management, coaching and development, performance management, hiring, staffing, scheduling and when needed termination of staff onsite staff within all departments. (resident services, leasing and maintenance)
- Responsible for insuring that all personnel in all departments operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Responsible for executing on site marketing and advertising directives.
- Manages all Reputation Management activities in accordance with company policy and issued directives.
- Responsible for the oversight and daily management of the Maintenance Supervisors activities in relation to the maintenance of the property ensuring that the property is clean, properly upkept, necessary repairs are identified and immediately addressed to ensure the preservation of the asset.
- Responsible for the properties curb appeal and ensuring that the property is always aesthetically presentable to company expectations.
- This position works indoor in a climate controlled environment with low to moderate noise levels.
- The incumbent is required to sit, stand and walk frequently.
- Lifts up to 20lbs occasionally and up to 5lbs frequently.
- Must be able to listen and address complex situations
- Utilizes a computer, telephone, telecommunication devices, copiers, collates
- Interacts with the general public and holds face to face discussions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years
- Marketing/Sales: 5 years
- Class A Property Management: 5 years
- Yardi: 3 years