As a Community Loan Officer at Union Bank you are responsible for marketing residential loan programs to low and moderate income borrowers. Are you well networked, active in the community, and have an affinity for helping others achieve their dream of home ownership? By engaging and actively participating in related business development activities, you will build awareness and nurture loan growth in these targeted markets every single day. Community Loan Officers are at the forefront of ensuring Union Bank's compliance with Community Reinvestment Act and help promote community and economic development. Does this describe you?
- You will seek out and originate creditworthy home loans in designated low and moderate income areas.
- Perform regular and continuous broker calls and follow up on referrals and direct inquiries.
- Apply your lending knowledge and expertise to understand client's individual needs by carefully analyzing pertinent financial, earnings and credit data to advise on an optimal loan scenario and risk level.
- Ensure the timely processing and funding of loans.
- Gain exposure by crafting and leading training and information programs for local community groups.
- By engaging community residents, you will provide education to them on home ownership opportunities.
- It's ever-changing, so staying ahead of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations that pertain to mortgages is a focus every single day.
- Research local community credit needs and identify how Union Bank might serve the needs; make recommendation to Bank management as appropriate.
- Develop internal and external working relationships that positively impact department efforts and Bank goals.
- As a brand ambassador for Union Bank, you'll develop and implement a marketing territory to educate the community regarding the Bank's CRA programs and efforts.
- Do you have 3 or more years' experience originating residential first mortgages?
- Are you knowledgeable and skilled working with multiple loan types?
- A demonstrated successful sales track record with established and nurtured relationships in market is a key factor.
- You should have effective consultative and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills needed to be successful.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.