This new opportunity with the Oregon & Southwest Washington Division is all about making longer, healthier lives possible.
The Community Impact Director will drive the execution of health impact goals by focusing on the areas of hypertension, cholesterol, nutrition, obesity, and physical activity. Collaborating with internal Development and Health partners, the Director is responsible for integrating population health strategies with a specialized focus on strategic initiatives that achieve health improvement across diverse communities.
Essential functions include:
- Effectively build a network of meaningful volunteer and partner relationships to create a sustainable culture of health within our vulnerable community. Proactively lead and identify, recruit, orient and retains volunteers comprised of senior level executives and community leaders within the market to drive the overall community action plan. Works with the Executive Director on the strategic engagement of the Division's Board of Directors.
- With the Executive Director and VP, Community Impact and Diversity & Inclusion, develop an overall community action plan that includes engagement and positioning strategies, driving to organizational goals around healthy behavior, which includes blood pressure management, worksite wellness and other health impact initiatives. Bring programs to scale leveraging marketing insights and trends for engagement, therefore driving sustainability.
- Serve as a catalyst and convener with collective impact coalitions and demonstrate progress through reach of policy, system and environment interventions.
- Drive direct health impact via targeted strategic community alliances (i.e., faith-based institutions, FQHCs, community centers etc.) and corporate relationships (i.e., Top 25 Companies, sponsors, etc.)
- Collaborate with advocacy to determine the local public policy focus and strategy to address significant population reach that will drive to the reduction of health disparities in diverse audiences.
- Build and implement a cross-functional hypertension and cholesterol control strategy (high blood pressure management, cholesterol and healthy behavior initiatives) in the market with strong integration of Health Strategies and Development.
- Articulate the CVD health problem in and across communities and what AHA is doing to address the problem within the community. Assists with educating all staff in the market with the ability to talk about what the AHA is doing to reach diverse audiences within said community.
- Work collaboratively with development staff partners and volunteers to identify, cultivate and secure prospective sponsors for relevant campaigns, driving to specific sponsorship goal with development team. Support the achievement of the unrestricted field campaign through health asset sponsorships/activations and other means.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and three years or more progress workexperience in public health, community health or equivalent that include:
- Background in marketing, urban policy analysis, healthcare marketing/sales or other related field
- Proven ability to recruit, mobilize and manage volunteers, including C-suite level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to drive toward and achieve results.
- Proven ability to apply marketing insights to develop appropriate strategies.
- Effectively manage relationships with the ability to gain trust and demonstrate influence without authority.
- Demonstrated success in developing proposals and securing of sponsorships, major gifts and foundations funding.
- Knowledge of corporate and community networks
- Related experience within the AHA with in-depth knowledge of AHA's mission and programs