Summary/Purpose:The Community Engagement Specialist reports to the Director of Community Engagement and is responsible for overseeing a range of community relations, marketing, communications, customer service and fundraising activities.
Community Relations and Outreach
- Responsible for organizing community relations activities and initiatives.
- Provides leadership and support to the Community Engagement team.
- Support activities of the Asset Protection and Marketing Department.
- Oversees Community Engagement events internally and externally, including SSC events, in Store Promotions, Outdoor Marketplace, Store Rebranding’s, and liaison with non-profits.
- Organize all planning details relating to Community Engagement activities/events.
- Develop and maintains effective relationships with base and community agencies.
- Oversee budget spending/forecasting
- Track all in Kind Donations, Excess Inventory Donations, PNC Reporting.
Special Event Support
- Be onsite support for all Community Engagement events.
- Support and train all 99 team members and volunteers in special events.
- This position may require occasional travel (20%), of the time to other markets in California, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas.
- Plan SSC Holiday Events and Spirit Days.
- Keep Asset Protection Bulletin Board current with seasonal decor and postings about Community Engagement events.
- Maintain and respond accordingly to all donations request made by email and mail.
- Ensure effective overall administration and sound fiscal management of program goals and objectives.
- Undertake any secondary tasking and responsibility deemed necessary for a robust Community Engagement program.
- Enhance professional expertise to continue to develop SOP’s for department on Community Engagement donation process and promotions.
- Manage any foundation requests, fundraising, and event planning.
Education: Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience / training.
Experience: Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a related position, including previous experience in found development and community engagement.