UMB Personal Banking and Consumer Services offers financial solutions to clients, who value an individualized relationship and advisory experience. For more than a century, we’ve invested in our people as a resource who can help clients achieve their unique financial and lifestyle goals.
UMB is looking for an experienced banking professional responsible for serving the banking and credit needs of economically, ethnically, and racially diverse communities. This exciting new role will report to the Director of Community Development and will also work closely with other line of business leaders, departments, and sales teams. This role will expand our banking capabilities by promoting “boots on the ground” banking solutions by leveraging financial education resources, strategic community development partners and referrals to and from individuals, families, home, and small business owners. The successful candidate will also serve as the community development expert in their assigned market.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Providing and tracking in-person and virtual financial education workshops and other community engagements primarily serving economically, ethnically, and racially diverse communities.
- Establishing and managing partnerships with CBOs such as nonprofits, faith-based organizations, CDFIs, MDIs, ESOs, and neighborhood and housing organizations who support community needs.
- Representing the company within the community to enhance the bank's outreach and network for the development of new sales and partnership opportunities.
- Expanding lending and deposit relationships through client referrals, centers of influence & direct prospecting.
- Supporting clients and prospects with a solutions-based sales approach.
- Developing internal referral networks to connect other banking needs and opportunities.
- Supports the CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) compliance team by providing data for the CRA needs assessment.
- Providing internal and external education about UMB’s community development efforts.
We’re excited to talk with you if:
- You display a passion for community and economic development to catalyze change in underserved communities.
- You have experience working in economically, ethnically, and racially diverse communities.
- You have 2+ years of banking experience OR any combination of experience and education that would provide an equivalent.
- You demonstrate excellent customer service and community relations skills.
- You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- You demonstrate strong cross- sales skills.
- You demonstrate ability to make one-on-one and group presentations.
- You have strong relationship management skills.
- You have established time management and organizational skills.
- You are able to work independently, with strong initiative and reliability.
- You can demonstrate solutions-based advocacy practices.
- You have effective business communication skills, both verbal & written.
- You demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Bonus points if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in finance, public administration, sociology, or equivalent work experience.
- You have 1+ years’ experience working in the UMB retail division.
- You demonstrate thorough knowledge of applicable bank and branch policies, procedures, and support systems.
- You have experience or can develop a solution-selling based approach.
- You have 1+ years in community development work.
- You have established referral base and network in economically, ethnically, and racially diverse communities.
- You are bilingual in Spanish.
***This role will work 50% in the community and 50% in an office setting. Typical office hours are 8am-5pm, however community events and engagements may require evenings and weekends. There’s flexibility for earlier or later hours as needed. This role will require local travel.***
The pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is typically $60,795 to $112,875 annually. The selected candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, including but not limited to work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay for the selected candidate may be above or below this range. The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in one or more incentive plans based on company and individual performance.