The Community Construction Manager will serve as the Company’s representative at the work-site in dealings with subcontractors, suppliers, customers and government inspectors while ensuring compliance with all federal and state procedures and regulations, including safety, storm water, and building codes. Some of the responsibilities will include the following.
- Manage the homebuilding process from receipt of building permit to closing of the sale and ensure building code, environmental, safety compliance and the quality specifications of the Company and its customers.
- Manage trade partner execution of contract obligations and make recommendations on whether to engage or terminate contractors and vendors.
- Track the home costs against original estimates as construction progresses.
- Ensure that contractors and vendors perform on schedule and within budget through monitoring and updating construction schedules so homes are delivered on time.
- Conduct Quality Assurance inspections and document those inspections throughout construction process.
- Consult with inspectors to ensure that the project complies with applicable regulations and meets the project delivery dates.
- Proactively identify and mitigate reoccurring construction issues.
- Train others in established Company safety and storm water procedures and work with subcontractors to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and storm water procedures and regulations.
Requirements for this position include a bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university; 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and/or education. Successful candidate must maintain a valid driver's license. Knowledge of building code requirements and scheduling methods required. Supervisory skills necessary.