Community and Content Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Electronics
The Community & Content Manager will work with the Head of Marketing and Brand Manager to develop and manage community, social media and content for a new family of sports wearable products. The role is very hands-on and requires someone with the desire to roll up their sleeves to launch and build a new brand with significant growth potential. Our geographical target will start with USA.
The go-to-market strategy may include team and player endorsements, influencer marketing and PR, social media and digitalmarketing, which will be used to support the unique benefits that the product delivers to various different consumer groups, from professional sports teams to amateur athletes.
We are a very entrepreneurial company, which means that working fast, exploring new ideas, being solution orientated, and making things happen are key to our culture. By the time you arrive, we will be nearing product launch, so must quickly pick up the challenge of creating and maintaining community programs and content.
The role will be responsible for planning and developing innovative and engaging content and managing social interactions to increase brand exposure and strengthen brand image. This is a huge opportunity to be involved in the development of a new brand in an exciting new area of wearable technology.
You are an experienced community and content marketing manager with 3-5 years in marketing. You will have managed content and social media for a consumer brand in the past, ideally a sports or fitness product.
Practical in approach and a great team player, you are comfortable with strategy development as well as day to day execution. You have a proven track record of managing successful social mediachannels and executing campaigns using an entrepreneurial approach, and thrive on rolling up your sleeves and getting involved. If currently working for a large organization, it is essential that you can demonstrate how you will be able to adapt to a small company where processes will develop in line with our growth. You’re a hands-on marketer, able to work in a very fast environment and hungry to help a young company develop into a great brand.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Marketing communication experience in B2C
- FMCG, consumer electronics or sporting product background, having built brand(s)
- Campaign planning and content creation (eg. social, web)
- Managing 3rd party agencies
- Strong personal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills with experience in marketing communications such as writing blogs and social media posts / campaigns
- Exceptional understanding and use of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Vine, Pinterest, SnapChat
- Experience using social media and tools such as Sprinklr, Sysomos, HootSuite, etc as well as blog production tools like Word Press
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrable knowledge of smart and wearable technology
- A personal interest in technology, sports and running is ideal
- Enthusiasm to build a young brand
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Able to work independently (self-starter) and in a team
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong drive to be successful
- Ability to self-manage
- Able to show evidence of past work (personal or professional) having created blog/facebook/Instagram with e.g. 10k followers