Direct Management Received:
Direct Management Exercised:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish relationships across counties, non-profit organizations and diverse populations within assigned Region to enhance First Merchant’s brand/visibility in the marketplace.
- Actively support the Regional President in managing community and client partnerships, preparing for presentations/speaking engagements as well as delivering on board and community commitments.
- Coordinate FMB resources to recommend and evaluate market investments and strategies and determine overall impact and effectiveness.
- Direct all aspects of community and client relationship activities including events, sponsorships, chartable-giving and team engagement (includes tracking, reporting and approving volunteer hours).
- Manage Regional Budget.
- Represent Bank in its communities through board participation and event attendance.
- Partner with lines of business, committees and departments (including Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Mortgage Banking, Marketing, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Human Resources and Commercial Management Team Executives) to implement corporate and regional programs in support of strategy execution.
- Provide subject matter expertise on community development issues within assigned Region.
- Review and evaluate regional Bank donations for CRA eligibility.
- Support and facilitate the financial education efforts within the assigned Region.
- Support development of a comprehensive community development strategy for the assigned region, including but not limited to: household acquisition, home ownership/improvement initiatives, single-family and multi-family affordable housing, and small business/small farm.
- May also include coordination of volunteer outreach programs targeting client retention and growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions with the company require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly attitude, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Core competencies have been identified as relevant to every position within the company and include: Ethics and Integrity, Listening, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Approachable and Savvy, Action Oriented, Managing Time & Priorities, Work/Life Balance, Composure & Patience, Drive for Results, Self Development & Knowledge, Dealing with Change, Decision Quality, and Informing.
Innovative Strategic Agility
- Can forecast and articulate future vision and possibilities
- Anticipates consequences and trends in the industry
- Can manage and facilitate brainstorming and creative processes of others
- Uses good judgment about creative ideas that will work
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses
- Commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation
- Can change communication tactics when something isn’t working
- Uses logic, analysis and methods to define problems and offers useful solutions
- Looks beyond the obvious to find more than one option/solution to choose from
- Can find common ground and solve problems for the good of all involved
- Gains perspective by asking others for their input before implementing solutions
Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals successfully
- Strives to be a top performer at First Merchants
- Very bottom-line oriented
- Pushes self and others for results
- Makes good decisions using analysis, experience and judgment
- Most solutions are accurate when judged over time
- Sought out by others at First Merchants for advice and solutions
- Understands processes and procedures necessary to successfully perform tasks
- Possesses the technical and computer skills required in the position
- Demonstrates the ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to new processes and technology
- Bright and intelligent
- Sharp and capable
- Deals with complex concepts comfortably
LocationFort Wayne DowntownWork HoursFull Time, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pmRequirements
Education - Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study.
Experience - At least five (5) years of community development, Community Reinvestment Act, business, public relations and/or community/corporate leadership.
Other - Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending and Economic Development.