Capital One's Community Affairs team is looking for a progressive, team-oriented grant maker with a mindset and commitment to social impact, collaboration and business impact. The manager will work in partnership line of business and internal and external stakeholder groups to create and implement community strategies and grant investments that:
- Build our Future Edge story by building strong community impact that align with our Future Edge investment strategy
- Support Line of Business Community Program objectives
- Deliver business returns including Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), business development, associate engagement and CSR storytelling
Grantmaking- Future Edge
- Create and balance a portfolio of grants that responds to the company's Future Edge strategy and maximizes the impact of our signature Staff group led volunteer programs
- Lead our grantmaking for the San Francisco market to maximize associate Engagement and CRA targets
- Effectively source new partnerships to meet new demands and to maximize social impact.
- Build deep understanding of Future Edge focus areas; work to evaluate grantee performance, outcomes and return on philanthropic investments
- Partner closely with the Community Affairs team to ensure that grants are supporting volunteerism goals as defined by the business and CRA targets in local markets
- Work in partnership with staff groups (including but not limited to Tech,EP2, Design, Legal, Finance, Brand, and External Affairs) and broader EA team.
- Identify and sustain mutually productive relationships with key community leaders and connect associates and executives as appropriate
- Represent Capital One in the community through networking, public speaking, and event attendance
- Successfully manage multiple budgets, meet quarterly forecast projections, and ensure grant applicants provide appropriate documentation
LOB/Staff Groups Consulting support:
- Support Tech, EP2, Design, HR, Legal, Risk, Finance by consulting with key business stakeholders when their budgets support community organizations or priorities call for community partnership.
- Help source and build strong partnerships; providing grantmaking expertise and identifying significant reputational risk
- Work in partnership with Engagement strategists to build meaningful partnerships for skills based volunteerism
- Consult and support leaders as they serve on Boards of identified non profits
The Team Member we are looking for will:
- Be passionate
- Be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Provide Excellent customer service skills including responsiveness and adapting to meet customer needs, and make solutions based recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and comfortably interact with senior executives, community leaders, associates, and business partners
- A deep knowledge and understanding of trends in economic opportunity, corporate social responsibility, quality nonprofit programming and philanthropy; and grantmaking
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and activities with a wide variety and volume of partners while managing change and shifting priorities
- Substantial analytical skills with a keen instinct on how to gather and interpret meaningful data
- Powerful partnership building and relationship management skills
- Corroborated experience in achieving "win-win," measurable outcomes through corporate-community partnerships
- Function independently and as a leader within the Community Affairs team
- At least five years of experience in either community relations, program management, grant making, consulting, non profit management or a combination of the three
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in corporate social responsibility, business, public relations,policy or related field.
- 2 years of previous grantmaking experience
- 4 years of experience in community relations, partnership management,consulting, or grant making
- Nonprofit or corporate philanthropy work history
- Strong graphic presentation skills
- Experience meeting Community Reinvestment Act goals
- Strong Communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated relationship management skills