We are seeking Communications Systems Engineers for a San Diego location. US Citizenship is required.
Job Function: This position is responsible for designing and simulating communication and signal processing algorithms used in next-generation wireless communication systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops high-level algorithms and signaling techniques assess these techniques for practical implementation.
- Uses C/C++ for programming and simulation.
- Supports Engineering in designing, integration, and testing.
Education and Work Experience:
- Masters degree required; PhD. degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms and/or modem designs. A doctoral degree in communications is considered to be sufficient experience.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Expertise in digital communication theory, including coding and modulation, information theory, and detection and estimation.
- Experience with the waveform-level simulation of communications systems using C/C++.
- Familiarity with iterative detection (message-passing) algorithms and their applications.
- Expertise in laboratory debugs techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices.
- Experience with FPGA and ASIC implementations and DSP software-based implementations is desirable.
- Demonstrates strong verification and debug skills.
- Works independently, demonstrate initiative, and interacts with a variety of engineering development teams.
- Demonstrates strong documentation skills and proficiency with PC office applications.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.