SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides professional engineering/scientific support within (research and development) engineering, systems engineering, project engineering, or technology functions/ organizations.
- Supports projects in system engineering of all types of communication systems, including space-based military and commercial systems and terrestrial wireless radio systems. Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation/modification of a variety of techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on matters of importance.
- Participates in development of system requirements and interfaces between space and ground segments..
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Experience with design, analysis, evaluation, modeling, and simulation in digital communications
- A strong background in communication system engineering, requirements, and architectures
- The ability to effectively present results in briefings and technical reports.
- Strong team participation concept and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working background in air interfaces and user terminals
- Knowledge of channel modeling, waveform (modulation and coding), acquisition, synchronization, AJ/AS techniques, signal processing, and link budget assessment.
- Experience with various military and commercial satellite systems, as well as their payload architectures
Requisition ID: 9901