Responsible for writing, editing, and preparing internal company publications and external marketing communications. Develops plans for effective employee communication and marketing campaigns.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Designs and implements workforce communication strategies and tactics.
- Coordinates approvals of news, advertising text, brochures, and fact sheets with corporate staff and outside agencies.
- Develops effective communications for corporate initiatives and projects requiring message creation, project planning, and execution.
- Researches and gathers information from multiple sources. Conducts interviews to obtain items for publication and to verify facts.
- Consults with and advises internal clients on communication needs and the best way to publicize projects of various types.
- Acts as project manager including coordinating schedules and communication.
- May assign and review the work of others.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 or more years of relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree, 8 or more years of relevant experience with Master's Degree, or 3 or more years of relevant experience with PhD or JD
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated mastery of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Basic understanding of aeronautics, space science, math, and physics
- Abiity to express ideas logically, clearly and concisely
- Must possess time management and project management skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with otherinternal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: COMMUNICATIONS STAFF IV
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Full Scope Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 39346