The primary purpose of this role is to serve as a communications subject matter expert for various business partners, owning the plans, management, and execution of multiple communications projects. This position serves to continuously develop the effectiveness of communications and its delivery processes to best convey the Lowe's brand through its messaging.
- Consults with leaders from various business functions and serves as a communications subject matter expert, providing strategic and tactical insights used in maximizing communication efforts
- Builds rich and long-term communication plans which link strategy objectives to operational execution
- Leads and manages communication projects and programs that provide impactful communication to the target audience to provide a consistent reflection of the Lowe's brand
- Maintains updated expertise on writing (including in multiple voices), executive messaging, and communications development in order to contribute knowledge to a multitude of communications projects
- Reviews, edits, and approves content to ensure its effective delivery via multiple communications vehicles, while ensure relevancy and appeal to impacted internal audiences
- Participates in management activities and meetings with business managers and senior leadership as necessary to inform, update, report out, and/or get approvals for various projects
- Responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects within specified budgets, timelines, and allocated resources
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Journalism or similar field
- 5+ years of Experience in a Communications role or industry
- Basic HTML and MS Office skills
- 8+ years of experience in communications role or industry, specifically experience in a corporate role within a large organization, preferably retail
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects.