McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The role of the Communication Specialist includes: insuring all program correspondence and program related materials as appropriate is up to date and approved as well as manage revisions to program correspondence through version control and approval. In addition the communication specialist will be responsible for leading the Patient Support Liaison (PSL) or similar client teams activities with the Hub such as advisory boards, education of hub services and on-boarding new team members to create a consistent experience for PSL’s, case managers, patients and providers. The communication specialist will develop materials to educate stakeholders on new program updates, business rule changes or brand initiatives. The communications specialist will also attend client legal, regulatory and medical review process and be responsible for managing any McKesson owned materials. Key Responsibilities
- Lead PSL or similar client teams and Hub connectivity activities including maintenance of contact list & assignments, advisory boards, on-going educational and Q&A sessions
- On-boarding for all new PSL team members related to roles & responsibilities with hub services
- PSL escalations management with Client Lead including management of necessary follow up, resolution trending and change management as appropriate
- Manage all program communication including approval and version control
- Manage project plan for updates to correspondence and communication activities
- Attend training to learn client review process and manage McKesson owned materials through process.
- Participate in cross functional and National Sales meetings with the customer to insure alignment on brand initiatives, updates on service offerings, communications to patients and providers, etc.
- Integrate marketing and brand strategies into overall Hub Services and PSL or similar client teams on education and communication for overall consistent patient and provider experience
- Overall account management and customer relationship management
5+ years' communications experience
- Thorough understanding of managing marketing communications and corporate communications.
- Previous professional writing skills for educational materials, press releases, newsletters, web content updates, WebEx presentations and/or other communication channels.
- Excellent organizational, execution and project management capabilities with keen attention to detail and sense of big picture.
- Proficient at managing multiple priorities while focusing on delivering key projects with tight and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint) and other communications tools.
- Graphic design experiencepreferred
4-year degree in journalism, communications, business or related field or equivalent experience
Professional office environment
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.