Description of Job Duties:
Employee will execute and manage comprehensive strategic communications plans for clients; Review clients’ existing images, messages, strategies, plans, programs and/or “products” and communicates/delivers them through appropriate medium (e.g., print, broadcast, etc.); Selects the most appropriate mix of media - print, broadcast, and Internet to achieve desired objectives of the client; Prepares communication audits for clients with recommendations, solutions for future projects and/or more successful outcomes; Manages multiple promotional/outreach and PR programs through detailed communication goals, targets, budgets, media utilization and marketing messages; Reviews, revises or develops client branding and promotional material and information kits to distribute to target populations; Defines and achieves the correct style and tone for written pieces with close attention to quality control of spelling, grammar and punctuation; Prepares interview talking points or speeches delivered by client or other spokesperson. Has an in-depth understanding of the issue as well as the speaker's style, strengths and limitations to effectively write material for him/her that is plausible and deliverable; Conducts follow-up evaluation of outreach efforts and event outcomes utilizing various resources (tracking sigma encoding, press clipping services, surveys, follow-up phone calls) to improve future outreach efforts.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Production, or other related field of study
- 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills
- Knowledge of program/management policies, regulations, goals or objectives
- Experience providing expert testimony to support program operations
- Understand the general concept and NOAA specific applications of the Federal strategic planning process and its relationship to budget formulation, execution and presentation.