Job Description :
This position is part of the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMMFC) communications team and is responsible for integrating internal communications across the enterprise.
The successful candidate will be a strong writer and editor with excellent organizational skills, a collaborative working style and demonstrated ability to support and counsel senior-level executives. This position reports to the employee communications manager and is based in either Grand Prairie, Texas or Orlando, FL.
Leads development and execution of an internal communications strategy aligned with NextGen LM and MFC Culture Optimization.
Provides communications counsel and support to the Engineering & Technology organization. Highlights MFC innovation and technology to aid in retention of MFC technical staff through employee engagement activities such as Engineers Week.
Assists with executive communications to employees for EVP and MFC senior staff, including EVP webcast support and business strategy communications.
Collaborates with communications colleagues who support the Lines of Business/Programs and Major Functional Organizations to share information with internal audiences and leverage internal stories in traditional and social media outlets. Ensures strategies are aligned with the enterprise and integrates the planning into a master look-ahead.
Develops tools, resources and common messaging to help leaders communicate more consistently and facilitate the flow down of information from middle managers and first-line leaders.
Leads communications to drive employee engagement. Collaborates with other communications team members on innovative and consistent enterprise strategies.
Develops internal MFC communication strategies and tactics to support Lockheed Martin’s efforts to build a stronger customer-focused culture.
Plans and implements communications activities local to the Grand Prairie site.
Understands the broad range of tools, processes and practices of internal communications and employee engagement and develops metrics that lead to data-driven strategies to improve results.
Supports additional internal communications projects as appropriate.
- Experience creating and executing strategic communications plans that support business objectives.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including executive management.
- Excellent communications skills with strong writing and editing ability, including AP style.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work well under deadline pressure with employees at all levels.
- Experience developing, rolling out and managing large-scale communications projects.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, organized and results oriented.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a broad range of tools, processes and practices of communicating and connecting with a large, geographically distributed employee audience.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience using social media tools for sharing information with internal audiences.
- Knowledge of Lockheed Martin’s business, policies and customer community.
- Five years of experience as a communications generalist with broad range of experience in a variety of communications disciplines.
- Crisis communications/issues management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.