Who we're looking for:
Rover is seeking a Communications/PR Manager (Brand Reputation) to join our PR & Brand Reputation team, focusing on building and protecting trust. We’re looking for a public relations professional who can drive high-visibility communications for a range of trust-related communications opportunities. At Rover, continually earning the trust of our community is a top priority and this role will play an integral part in nurturing and building that trust.
Reporting into our Senior Brand Reputation Manager, this role will be a driving force in developing and managing trust programs which could include a future corporate social responsibility program. This is an opportunity to build and drive a trust-based PR program for a rapidly growing brand. Successful candidates are fulfilled by both rolling up their sleeves, getting in the weeds, talking to reporters, writing messages for a variety of audiences—and also stepping away from the day-to-day to brainstorm and develop compelling strategies, or bring together senior leaders to drive alignment against cross-functional programs.
The right candidate has excellent media relations skills including handling sensitive and escalated issues, can drive alignment across teams and collaborate effectively, has a proven track record supporting high-visibility initiatives, and is passionate about pet care and the Rover brand. Experience working closely with customer support/operations teams will also be key to success. As part of the role, you will drive Rover’s responses to complex issues and escalations as well as work across the organization and to develop and execute proactive communications strategies and shape cross-channel programs to build customer and consumer trust.
- Collaborate and drive cross-team alignment on internal policies
- Create and manage communication plans
- Develop and support customer and/or social media responses policies and frameworks, including templates and best practices
- Work directly with reporters on high-stakes projects
- Assist in managing and addressing incoming media queries
- Investigate issues and drive alignment across-teams
- Act as a crucial steward of Rover’s brand story
- Support communication plans for high-profile announcements
- May also create and manage a pet sitter advisory panel
- Develop and manage media relations programs that authentically tell Rover’s brand story and build trust among customers and consumers
- Support on corporate communications including finance and media relations
- Partner closely with the customer support team on policies and issues in service of excellent customer experiences
- Lead the development and execution of Rover’s corporate social responsibility programs
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A track record of successfully managing high-stakes issues and associated media relations
- Experience being an “on the record” spokesperson
- Skilled at crafting public statements. Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrates excellent judgement and situational management during high-visibility, high-pressure, and fast-moving crises.
- Exceptional level of integrity and empathy, and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material
- Skilled at aligning cross-functional stakeholders against key decisions
- Research skills including gathering background, and contextualizing complex situations, often at a rapid pace
- Experience applying best practices related to issues management
- Can quickly synthesize complex information
- Can skillfully navigate complex high-stakes media issues
- Some project and/or program management experience
- High degree of accuracy & attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to set own priorities