AVIAN Information and Multimedia Services team is seeking a Communications/Multimedia Specialist with strong communication skills to produce strategic communications and multimedia products, both internal and external, to government customers through a broad range of tools and tactics.
The selected candidate will be responsible for producing and delivering effective internal and external stakeholder communications using the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite as well as other current industry software.
- Writing to include, but not limited to: briefs or documents presentation and news media strategies to include communications plans and crisis media response planning, media query responses, key messages, press releases, feature articles, award writing, speechwriting, social media posts.
- Public relations to include, but not limited to: senior leadership interview preparation, media training, event planning/coordination, protocol activities, and engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations.
- Multimedia design, to include, but not limited to: infographics, illustrations, logos/branding, web content development, wireframe and web page mockups, prototyping, publication design, fact sheets, photography, digital image editing, museum-quality wall displays, tradeshow displays and coordination.
- Candidate must be a flexible team player and self-starter possessing excellent organizational skills. The ideal individual will have the ability to function in a team environment or autonomously, manage competing priorities, and be able to meet critical project schedules. Selected candidate must be able to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel occasionally is also required.
- MA/MS degree in communications, journalism, business, management, English, or a visual communication/multimedia field is required with a minimum of 10 years combined experience. Allowable substitutions for master’s degree will be considered: 1) Bachelor’s Degree plus two additional years work experience 2) Associate’s Degree plus four additional years work experience 3) Six additional years work experience.
- Desired experience includes monitoring communications plans for major milestone events, producing photographs on and off military installations; coordinating communications between agencies and major media outlets; and providing media materials and information pamphlets.
- SECRET security clearance eligibility required.