Join our team
Do you want to be part of a transformational journey that will enable TSBT to succeed in a digital and cloud-native world?
Within the Technology Strategy and Business Transformation (TSBT) business unit, the Strategy and Transformation Office is at the forefront - leading the path to position TELUS for long-term success that delivers on the promise of a connected digital world. This journey involves our teams becoming increasingly cloud-focused and embracing new ways of working. Together, we drive the high level planning, coordination, and mobilization of transformation initiatives in TBST. We lead technology strategy, transformation planning, investment management and executing on strategic programs.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Communications Manager you will be part of a high profile strategy portfolio playing a key role in executing and expanding the awareness around our multiple transformation efforts. Leveraging your creativity and strong storytelling ability to drive effective communication that transforms technical lingo and complex ideas into engaging, inspiring, and easy to understand content that will elevate the vision and behaviours to enable our transformation.
While focusing your communication strategy and delivery for the program today you will also strategically plan for the future. You recognize the value of helping team members understand the purpose of our transformation and help them best engage in delivering on that vision.
- Develop and implement integrated, measurable communication plans with consistent messaging while supporting business objectives
- Forge strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including communications and marketing professionals across TELUS, the wider TSBT team and senior leadership
- Stay up to date with the latest transformation efforts and thinking on communications strategy
- Work across teams to ensure communication tools such as portal, transformation sites are optimized to deliver the latest messages and evolve based on user feedback
- Prepare and execute a transformation communications plan that drives team member engagement and motivates them to execute against the vision
- Write engaging copy, using up-to-date writing techniques, to deliver content that is inspiring and easy to understand
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Respected for your 7+ years’ experience on a Corporate Communications team, preferably for a major national company or communications agency
- Excellent writing ability and mastery of English
- Experienced in working with and advising senior executives
- Strategic vision and business acumen with results-oriented approach, and a marked focus on client satisfaction
- Strong ability to analyze and summarize, and skilled in grasping and articulating complex technologies, situations and/or issues
- Excellent knowledge of strategic policies, practices and principles of internal communications for a large, national corporation
- Ability to adapt to a challenging and rapidly-evolving work environment, multi-task, juggle multiple requests, prioritize projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding skills in drafting communication plans, bulletins, articles, presentations, communication tool kits, speeches, and other documents
- Technical ability to create and distribute digital communications using a variety of software programs
- Very good understanding of task-specific software and tools: (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Google collaboration tools [G Suite], Wordpress) working knowledge of Canva, Adobe Suite, social media monitoring tools would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and make the best decision based on the information available in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and build business partnerships to identify the best ways to engage audiences and expand reach
- With a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Writing and/or related education/equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of information technology, and an understanding of basic agile concepts
- Bilingualism in English and French
Locations: Preference for Toronto or Vancouver (open to others)