Plantronics is a global leader in business and consumer audio communications. For more than 50 years, we’ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
We are a global team with zeal for fulfilling our vision through innovation and rigorous execution. Our company is made up of smart, highly-capable, inquisitive people who bring their best selves to work each day and treat others as we wish to be treated. Plantronics people embrace discovery and invention, take risks, and incorporate the things we learn into the things we do. In creating Unified Communications and customer service solutions, software analytics, and Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics delivers high-quality communications solutions that our customers count on today, while relentlessly innovating on behalf of their future.
Mission: We discover and invent the tools and technologies that provide a focused and distraction-free environment for you to perform at your best.
We are looking for a creative, energetic and driven communications professional to help execute on global communications strategies and tactical plans related to Plantronics core business. The Communications Manager will be responsible for crafting compelling content, including blog posts and press releases, in addition to engaging with external influencers, including press, analysts and social media pundits. This role will report to the Head of Influencer Relations and will work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, around the world to build and communicate stories that raise the profile of Plantronics with our target audiences. The ideal candidate is comfortable serving as a communications’ ‘utility player’, with an understanding and competency in multiple communications disciplines.
- Develop and execute on communications strategies related to key areas of the business to showcase Plantronics and the solutions that we offer. These programs will:
- Contribute and support globally-set Corporate KPI’s aligned to Plantronics business strategies.
- Result in tactical metrics in support of stakeholder goals, in alignment with business strategies.
- Work with Corporate Communications and Marketing counterparts, stakeholders, regional leads, and Communication agencies to plan and support product launch programs.
- Partner with other marketing disciplines to support and align on marketing initiatives, product launches, press and analyst briefings, industry and company events, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive, strategic relationships with industry influencers to raise and drive awareness of Plantronics and its key initiatives.
- Provide Communications counsel to internal stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the execution and outcome of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Respond quickly to inbound media requests, as well as internal requests for data and information.
- Craft written communications content related to owned projects, initiatives, launches, etc.; support corporate communications writing needs on an ad hoc basis.
- Manage internal resources (when applicable) and outside agency resources in the execution of communication programs and deliverables.
- BA/BS in Communications, Business or Marketing-related field.
- 4-6 years of IT-related services/product experience in corporate and/or B2B specific “influencer” relations
- Press, analyst relations, executive communications
- Global experience working with regional and country teams
- PR/Communications agency experiencerequired, In-house experience a plus.
- Established relationships with key business press and senior IT and channeltrades.
- Solid grasp of:
- how IT marketing operates, and working knowledge of MarCom and Social disciplines
- business fundamentals that impact the IT industry, and a curiosity for all things “tech”
- Ability to interact with all levels in the company, including executive leadership
- Able to link executive communications plans and activities to business results
- Metrics driven, with well developed analytical skills (measurement, ROI)
- Ability to communicate in compelling story formats adapted and relative to a variety of “influencer’ audiences
- Experience in working with complex problems applying data and situation analysis requiring in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Key skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- High levels of tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organization and program management skills.
- Skilled storyteller comfortable developing content (blogs, presentations, other)
- Able to develop and manage a budget/3rd party vendor engagements
- Proactive, efficient, resourceful ‘utility’ player with a dedication to excellence and strong attention to detail.
This position will be based in Santa Cruz, with flexible working arrangements available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.