Communications Manager Job Purpose & Responsibilities Job Purpose
The position leads on developing and execution of corporate and business communications to drive performance and enhance the reputation of SABIC across multiple stakeholders within the region.
Key accountabilities include:
- Developing and executing External and Internal Communications strategies for SABIC’s Strategic and Growth projects in collaboration with the Business, Corporate Communications and Government Affairs, supporting license to operate and business growth aspirations.
- Responsible for translating and executing global brand and reputation projects into multi-channel communications for the region
- Develop and manage Issues and Crisis management for the Region
- Proactively develop and cultivate stakeholder relations in support of project development and lead the region in Stakeholder management. Lead on Community Relations and CSR for the projects.
- Responsible for annual communications, KPI’s and budget planning integrating across the region and coordinating globally
- Responsible for content, message development and communications channel management
- Proactively use external opportunities, trends, issues etc to identify trends, synthesize data into clear, actionable insights and recommendations
- Develop sensing, tracking and metrics methods to demonstrate effectiveness of communications channels
- A bachelor’s degree with specialization in Communications and PR.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in communications and reputation management preferably across multiple geographic regions and business models in complex matrix structures in an Energy or Petrochemicals business.
- Demonstrate track record of using communication strategies to drive business outcomes
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic communications in new project/asset development including sensing, community relations, stakeholder and media management and measurement
- Experience in crisis communications and issues management
- Excellent writing skills evidenced by the ability to development messages for all audiences
- Demonstrates business acumen
- M &A, Divestment and CSR/Community Relations experience a benefit
- Agency experience