T-Mobile is the nation's Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company, thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and breaking from tired industry norms. This company is changing wireless for good and preaching the word to let customers far and wide know that we won't stop!
We're a tight knit team of a fierce few fighting hard against infinitely better resourced competitors. The way we make news is in line with how we approach doing business - we set our own rules, move fast, aim to be unpredictable, are transparent and don't put up with BS. Like our style? We're looking for a new reputation management ninja to join us!
The Communications Manager, Reputation Management, will work alongside a kick-ass team of PR pros and leaders to help anticipate and mitigate issues. You'll know how to ask the tough questions, what it takes to be ready to respond and be on point when you're needed. You'll be calm in pressure and a steady source of levity. You'll see things coming from miles away and flex when they come unexpectedly. You'll understand what we mean when we say proactive reactive media relations.
You'll come to T-Mobile with an existing cadre of rock solid media skills and the ability to partner with colleagues from every part of the organization. You'll know how to develop smart strategies and manage relationships and solve problems real time. And when we need you, you'll be willing to pinch hit on a wide variety of projects.
Essentially, you should be a multi-talented badass and natural leader and collaborator with a hunger to learn and an unquenchable desire to do great, memorable, epically awesome things.
What you'll do in your role.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and execute proactive reactive communications strategies for news announcements and launches.
- Consult with and educate business leaders across the organization to understand issues and make recommendations on communications strategies.
- Develop reactive messaging in support of a steady drumbeat of news.
- Provide communications support for unplanned events like weather, disasters, etc.
- Provide valuable insight on media and influencer relationships, including influencers that have not typically covered T-Mobile.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and agency resources to drive alignment and results.
- Monitor and track industry coverage trends.
- Be an expert, always coming to the table with a unique, informed POV.
- Jump in on projects as needed, where the team needs additional support.
- Comfortable with being on call in off hours, on holidays and on weekends.
The experience you'll bring.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years in public relations/communications at a PR/marketing agency or fast-paced corporate comms team
- At least 1 year of experience in issues management or reactive/crisis communications
- Strong (and current) top tier media experience. Tech/wireless media experience a plus.
- Understanding of consumer technology and wireless technologies a plus
- Strong organizational skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to partner across the company and with different teams
- Understanding of social media and its impact on media relations/issues management
- Calm under pressure and able to think clearly in high pressure situations
- Comfortable executing under tight deadlines
- Strong writing and editing skills – attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to use MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to be on call and responsive, as needed, after hours and on weekends.
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation.
- Ability to work independently but recognizes when to escalate to leadership.
- A self-starter who takes initiative but also knows how and when to ask for help.
- Works well with others whether leading or contributing to a project.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to ask tough questions.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, upbeat attitude, high integrity, persistence and personal initiative all are required.
- Ready and willing to adapt to uncertainty, new territory and change.
- A sense of humor. We like to have fun here.