Prologis is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics real estate across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We create value by developing and managing a world-class portfolio of high-quality logistics and distribution facilities, serving customers and investors as an integral part of the global supply chain.
Prologis is seeking a Corporate Communications Manager in our San Francisco, California, office. The Corporate Communications Manager position executes the global communications program for the company. This includes working closely with Prologis’ communications teams in the company’s global offices, as well as with external PR firms. The duties of this position are diverse and range from creating and implementing communications plans to conducting proactive/reactive media relations, internal communications initiatives, and connecting the dots across the company.
- Craft and execute communications plans and media strategies for both internal and external audiences.
- Manage media relationships and establish coverage in various media outlets, including print, broadcast and social media. This includes responding to media inquiries, facilitating management interviews, and pitching proactive stories and trend pieces.
- Draft and oversee review process for press releases, talking points, messaging documents and other communications, seeing each through to completion.
- Support thought leadership programs for company executives, including drafting opinion pieces, research reports, and other contributed content.
- Maintain strong relationships with regional communications colleagues to coordinate activities; act as a liaison to this group to ensure consistency of communications programs and messaging.
- Oversee editorial calendar for the company’s internal intranet; coordinate with various departments to create steady drumbeat of content relevant to all employees.
- Track intranet metrics and site analytics to improve readership and impact.
- Leverage internal collaboration tools (i.e., Yammer) to drive engagement and facilitate cross-departmental and cross-regional conversations.
- Manage quarterly town hall events including creating agendas and presentations, managing event logistics, tracking impact/feedback of event, and recommending process and content improvements.
- Identify, track, recommend and prepare award submissions to enhance company’s external reputation.
- Conduct extensive research on business-critical topics and geopolitical events as needed.
- Support the design, development and dissemination of the company’s Annual Report; source and draft content.
- Support media training for company executives, conduct spokesperson training prior to interviews and provide presentation support for speaking engagements.
- Plan and execute press conferences and other media roundtable events with C-level executives.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a communications-related major.
- At least five years of experience in the public relations and corporate communications industry.
- Strong writing skills; mastery of English grammar and AP style.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; able to interface well with executives and cross-departmental groups.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of social media landscape as well as other technology and communication tools to reach multiple audiences.
- Analytical and metrics driven.
- Event management experience.
Nonessential Skills & Experience:
- Experience with international communications and cross-cultural communications a plus.
- Familiarity or fluency in languages other than English a plus.
- Experience in logistics real estate or related industry (distribution, supply chain) helpful.
- Knowledge of basic HTML code and web content editors helpful.
- Video software and production knowledge helpful.