Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a storytelling, brand building and content development professional to fill the role of Communications Manager. This position requires a bachelor’s degree as well as background developing public relations and communications strategy. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has impeccable writing skills and is passionate about developing and sharing strategic, creative content that will result in increased brand awareness.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Communications Manager will work closely with staff across the organization to understand the workings and product lines/deliverables of each department and, in turn, develop effective written content that advances PLI’s mission and brand.
- Work with PLI leadership and Director, Marketing to develop communications strategy and content plans to drive the PLI mission and brand.
- Develop and manage press relations and Identify opportunities to advance PLI through print and online publications
- Create content to be shared via social media, websites, newsletters, blogs and/or press releases.
- Draft and edit press releases, media advisories, blog posts and other public-facing materials while adhering to PLI’s voice, tone and communications strategy.
- Edit and write for sections of PLI’s website.
- Spearhead communications coordination across PLI by disseminating best practices and brand enforcement via media trainings, as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of media and marketing trends and apply insights to PLI communications strategy.
- Support copywriting efforts across Marketing, Programs and other internal departments.
- Manage PLI exhibition schedule and ensure relevant materials are prepared for each.
- Respond to RFPs for upcoming conferences (and research opportunities at conferences) to position PLI President and other staff as speakers at industry conferences, to further advance PLI.
- Be the story-telling ambassador to drive content marketing within the organization, to build strong relationships with members and customers and drive brand loyalty and understanding of our unique value proposition and history.
- Special assignments for the President.
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field is required.
- 5 - 7years of communications or public relations experiencerequired.
- Ability to work in a deadline-drive environment with multiple project streams running concurrently.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills with a flair for storytelling.
- Experiencepublishing content through a content management system.
- Knowledge and experience using media management and tracking tools.
- A versatile self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to build relationships across departments.
- Established relationships with reporters/producers at leading media outlets preferred.