Communications Manager, PR and Social Media
5 - 7 years experience • Online Advertising & Marketing Services
Who are we looking for?
Lithium is looking for a communications professional to drive awareness, reputation and impact for Lithium in the Digital Customer Experience market. The role focuses on content and programs for PR and social media, and the ideal candidate will have strengths in both areas – experience with generating solid media results, as well as driving engagement on social mediachannels. Strong writing skills, creative thinking, and the ability to manage programs independently are an absolute must.
We want you to bring you creative ideas and personal drive, and we will give you the tools, resources and support to be highly effective in this role. At the same time, this is a role to own and shape as you see fit. The comms world is your oyster and we are looking for you to crack open as many shells to create priceless comms pearls for Lithium and your own personal brand. You’ll need to bring your A game to the table every day – just as everyone else on the team does – but you’ll have fun doing it.
If you’re a badass who’s ready to roll up your sleeves and make your mark, let’s talk.
What You’ll Do
We are a nimble marketing organization where everyone does their part, and there is no room for anything less than top performers. This team prides itself on maintaining a healthy work/life balance but our team is all in, and fully engaged to deliver high quality work on deadline. We are also a performance driven culture, so if you aren’t comfortable driving to achieve quantitative as well as quantitative goals, then you’re not ready for this role.
This position has dual responsibility between media relations and social media management. We expect you to generate content and coverage for Lithium around our brand, product updates, thought leadership campaigns, new customer announcements and partnerships. We also want you fresh ideas for growing our influence, advocacy and following on our social channels – both in support of sales efforts and to increase broad awareness for Lithium.
Domain expertise is a bonus, but not a requirement – what’s more important is that you know how to write clearly and compellingly, and are able to quickly learn Lithium’s value proposition and to convey that to external audiences.
- Build media plan for generating coverage via proactive pitching around trending topics (both industry-specific, and larger cultural events), then execute on it
- Create content (press releases, media articles, blogs, social posts) around product/feature advances, new customer announcements, big partnerships
- Place bylined articles in targeted publications on topics relevant to Lithium (industry trends, best practices)
- Pitch customer stories to targeted business, marketing and CX media
- Work with US and UK PR agencies on larger comms initiatives
- Using Lithium’s industry-leading social media management tool, manage content calendar for Lithium/Klout social mediachannels in support of customer announcements, Lithium events, industry events and product updates
- Grow Lithium social following via creative campaigns, strong content and timely responses
- Monitor and respond to incoming queries on Lithium social channels in a timely fashion (typical response time within 1 hour)
- Live Tweet Lithium events and relevant industry events
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public relations and social media – can be a blend of agency and in-house
- Direct experience managing social mediachannels for a brand
- Excellent media relations skills – capable of securing coverage in business, tech and vertical publications
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and call reporters
- Self-starter able to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively with marketing and sales
- Oriented towards action with the ability to make decisions quickly amidst multiple stakeholders
- Can-do attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves and support other areas of marketing when called upon
- Interest in enterprise B2B and social media spaces
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.