Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you willing to make a difference in your career?
Our Group Communications department has a rare opportunity for a Communication / Public Relations manager.
Are you a motivated self-starter who thrives when working in a high-performing team and dynamic environment? If yes, we would love to hear from you.
The manager of Operations/Supply Chain Communications is responsible for the strategic leadership of communication activities that enable the Operations/Supply Chain organizations to achieve their business objectives. This includes developing and leading the organizations’ communication plans, key events and processes and measuring the effectiveness of its programs and products.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Building and implementing a comprehensive, integrated communications plan that supports the organizations’ objectives, key messages and employee engagement goals
- Strengthening two-way communications throughout Operations and promote employee engagement through consistent messaging.
- Developing a full spectrum of communications and provide counsel for each organization’s senior leader and their direct reports
- Enthusiastically seeking opportunities to promote our manufacturing and supply chain messages both internally and externally in partnership with the Global Communications team
- Leading and generating content for P&W global intranet, mysite, as well as P&W’s external channels
- Ensuring robust internal and executive communications initiatives and processes that drive message alignment
- Aligning communications with P&W policies branding, standards, messages, and initiatives, including Ethics, ACE, Quality, EH&S
- Collaborating with HR to ensure effective communication of interpersonal and executive announcements and employee relations strategies
- Providing Group Communications data on metrics, goals, and performance
- Overseeing all Communications tools and ensure active daily use of standard work and the ACE tools
- Supporting departmental communications activities as required by the associate director, communications
If you would require relocation to the East Hartford, Connecticut area, we offer a competitive relocation policy.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years' OR a Masters degree and 5 + years' broad communications experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Bachelor's in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field
- Masters in Communication or Business
- Aerospace experience
- Outstanding communication skills, including effective communication planning, message development and writing for various communication vehicles including executive messages and speeches, press releases, statements and responses to query, fact sheets, opinion/editorial pieces, internal communications, video scripts, etc
- Media relations, crisis communications and social media skills
- Served as a corporate spokesperson
- Experience with all forms of internal and external communications, electronic communications, and communications measurement is favored.
- Experience interacting with and counseling senior executives.
- Strong business discernment and working independently
- Working with and influencing key partners, particularly at the executive level
- Analytical skills with a specific focus on developing new, creative and challenging ways to inspire change through communications in a dynamic business environment
- Awareness of a matrix organization and understanding the importance of culture in effective business communication
- Flexibility leading multiple projects simultaneously with an emphasis on quality, on-time delivery and customer focus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build teamwork and trust
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 76887BR