Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It's also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can't wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That's why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined. We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts. Online learning has the potential to transform higher education; if you’re interested in being part of that journey, keep reading!
The manager of Communications is responsible for executing a holistic and impactful earned media and communications program that will optimally position the company and our leadership across key audiences and partners, and serve as a catalyst for continued growth in category awareness, brand awareness, and business growth.
This role reports to the VP of Communications, who leads strategy for Noodle PR and Comms. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer, highly organized, with strong time management skills. Noodle is a fast-paced environment, and flexibility and the ability to meet tight deadlines with good grace and humor are key to success.
All applicants must submit a recent press release and/or writing sample in the "cover letter" section of the application to be considered.
As our Communications Manager you will:
- Execute Noodle's communications strategy in collaboration with Noodle’s VP of Communications
- Regularly engaging with reporters and pitching stories
- Daily press release writing
- Managing inbound and reactive inquiries
- Actively monitoring media landscape to ensure that the team is opportunistically and strategically managing outreach
- Work cross-functionally to ensure coordinated, strategic, and impactful brand announcements on an ongoing basis
- Spearhead Noodle’s participation and sponsorship at industry conferences
- Lead and coordinate key communications team projects, plans, calendars and deadlines via highly organized project management
- Work closely with HR to identify opportunities to place Noodle in awards, “best of” lists, industry nominations, and other corporate recognition platforms
- 5-7 years of communications experience - in house, agency or the public sector - at a fast-growth organization
- Genuine communications savvy - you must have strong media relations skills, a deep network and strong writing, proven copy-writing and editing skills; as well as strong digital content generation skills
- Proven ability to develop and deliver strategic communications plans - successful candidates should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan
- Superior conference, event and presentation skills - Ability to ideate panel topics, coordinate all conference logistics with University Deans and comms teams as well as our internal leadership, prepare talking points and all event collateral material
- Strong project management skills - must be deadline driven and able to organize work in a disciplined and rigorous manner
- Proficiency in Cision
- Team player - no job is too big or small. This is a lean team, we’re looking for a willingness to jump in as needed on anything
- Work from our beautiful NYC office! OR Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Great compensation package!
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + paid holidays + paid sick leave + summer Fridays
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement and Membership to premium medical services like One Medical and Eden Health
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth - we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company