Lead the Medline Newsroom as its editor and manager. Create and publish creative, consumable and highly searchable content to support key focus areas for audiences spanning healthcare decision makers, influencers and media. Create and execute a content strategy to ensure content helps to achieve business goals. Measure, analyze, and report out on story performance. Make data-driven decisions to ensure content resonates with key audiences.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Managing Editor for the Medline Newsroom, the enterprise-wide channel for customer-facing and media-facing news and insights.
- Plan, research, source, write, proof and edit content to be published for a variety of audiences. Content examples include Newsroom stories, expert views, video scripts, press releases and media alerts.
- Develop and lead content strategy and editorial calendar aligned with short-term and long-term marketing initiatives. Includes management of master editorial calendar to ensure all business priorities are aligned cross functionally.
- Influence others to support your creative ideas. This role plays a unique role in helping to connect the dots about Medline, and members of the team will rely on your work every day.
- Oversee and execute content management in WordPress.
- Measure, analyze and report out on content performance and trends to guide data-driven decision making.
- Develop ongoing strategic roadmap for Newsroom functionality and features
- Strong writing skills with at least 3 years of experience in a communications-related field of work.
- Experience with content management platform, specifically WordPress.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Bachelor’s degree Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- Experience with digital asset creation is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus.