Be a difference maker, with Learning Care Group. We are a community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many children we guide, teach, and protect every day. As early education leaders, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on children. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares children for elementary school—and beyond? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing effective communications strategies, tactics and tools that drive business results in support of the company’s mission, vision and values. The position will report to the Director of Communications and support media relations, public relations, and crisis management matters. The Communications Manager will supervise the Internal Communications Specialist and develop employee communications, leading in editorial planning and creating/editing information for multiple channels. The position calls for a skilled, versatile, motivated, and highly organized communications professional with strong business acumen and excellent writing, project management and stakeholder management skills. The job requires a strong leader with proven success in effectively overseeing teams and managing crises. The ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Possess a strong understanding of the company’s business strategies and priorities. Leverage that knowledge to create and implement effective communications that clearly and consistently express the company’s strategic goals and vision to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and execute effective communications strategies and tactics for various programs and events in support of corporate initiatives and goals.
- Ensure aligned messaging across all audiences and channels.
- Promote Learning Care Group’s early childhood education expertise and proprietary offerings in ongoing press outreach and public initiatives.
- Develop compelling press materials, including leveraging multi-media. Serve as a corporate spokesperson and a contact for news media.
- Minimize exposure and risk associated with crises. Manage and neutralize controversial issues by working to ensure accurate and balanced news coverage. Support school leadership with coaching and support on critical issues to communicate effectively with families in relation to sensitive topics.
- Conduct ongoing measurement of readership/reach along with periodic needs assessments.
- Provide communications support for Corporate Sales initiatives and opportunities.
- Develop, guide and execute internal communications that create a sharp focus on company priorities, drive business results and contribute toward strengthened employee engagement.
- Partner closely with LCG’s Employee Experience and Operations Teams as well as other departments to ensure alignment.
- Serve as a consultative strategic partner for company leaders and all departments. Provide guidance on preferred communications solutions, key messages, audience, channel and timing.
- Align efforts of overall employee engagement strategy to further develop the Employee Lounge intranet as a resource for all job roles. Provide content and technical oversight for all communications on the Lounge.
- Act as content editor for internal communications channels and vehicles. Source content and write material for Employee Lounge, newsletters, announcements and other channels.
- Contribute to innovation and process improvement by partnering with other stakeholders to assess and implement new communication and engagement strategies, plans, resources and channels - in particular, a forum for employee dialogue and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, human resources or marketing required
- Minimum 8 years of experience in professional communications role
- Minimum 3 years of experience supervising employees
- Experience in developing, managing and delivering communication strategies and plans, as well as budgeting
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Publisher, Adobe Acrobat & Photoshop, and intranet administration
We at Learning Care Group know our best asset is our people! So we’ve made a commitment to ensure all employees feel valued, with a robust, comprehensive offering that is competitive and exceeds your expectations. That means market-relevant compensation, a targeted range of health and wellness benefits (including life insurance, dental, vision, as well as medical available for full-time positions), and retirement planning, with our new 401k match. For us, it’s simple: Provide great rewards, keep employees engaged, and create difference makers. We encourage your talent, recognize your potential, and support your growth through ongoing training and development so you can give children a great start. We also offer tuition reimbursement, assistance with gaining a CDA (worth college credit toward an Early Childhood degree), and our exclusive Master Teacher program to enhance your skills—and increase your pay. Don’t wait. Start strong today.