As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists' interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our users. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Communications Manager for Google Assistant, you’ll lead external efforts to educate people on new developments by way of product launches, proactive media campaigns, social media and more. You will also build compelling narratives and manage a variety of projects and communicate product vision to external audiences.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Serve as the daily PR lead for product launches and proactive announcements across Google Assistant. This will include working closely with cross-functional teams to draft blog posts, media pitches and launch materials.
- Think creatively to overcome any challenges that may arise.
- Develop and maintain close productive relationships both internally and externally.
- Act as a media spokesperson and as a point of contact for any Google Assistant communications.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience working in PR, Media, Marketing or Communications.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment and to take both proactive and reactive approaches to communications as required.
- Ability to remain focused and prioritize when met with a variety of updates and announcements.
- Ability to build external relationships and shape a positive product vision/story.
- Ability to work with colleagues on a global scale and to understand cultural differences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages to multiple audiences.