What does a fantastic Communications Manager do?
You will develop and drive strategic coordinated external communications programs to build a favorable perception of our brand and business. Working closely with company executives, product specialists and the corporate communications team, you will build communications plans and programs, find opportunities and storylines, formulate messaging, and strategically secure and measure coverage across multimedia and international news outlets. The position requires a strong background in corporate communications / public relations; excellent media relations, writing and communication skills; and the ability to work across the organization and in collaboration with global clients and resources to build successful outcomes. You'll use your communication skills with writing, editing and proofreading along with extensive content development experience for multiple communication channels and vehicles.
Experience with international markets, as well as financial services and technology is preferable.As a Communications Manager you will:
Basic Qualifications for consideration
- Translate business priorities into communication strategies and develop and execute media relations programs to support goals, distinguish our value in the market, and raise visibility for the overall brand and assigned business units and spokespeople
- Initiate and lead effective media relations projects and campaigns, using multiple channels and elements such as news releases, bylines and features, interviews and press tours, trade shows and events, and social platforms
- Establish effective relationships with internal clients, communication counterparts and key functional areas to conceptualize storylines, drive thought leadership and amplify messages platforms and business news
- Lead vendors and agencies in planning, executing and reporting on assigned work for cross-functional partners and programs, ensuring effective use of resources in driving results and successful outcomes
- Build on Fiserv media relationships, serving as a credible and responsive source of information, arranging interviews and briefings, and running on-site PR for trade events and opportunities
- Work with Corporate Communications to lead all aspects of content development, from information gathering and writing to reviews and delivery in various formats, including new agreements and announcement press releases, editorial and byline articles, customer case examples and stories, backgrounders, executive and spokesperson biographies, scripts, Q&As, and multimedia assets
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or similar field
- 8+ years of public relations (PR) experience
- Corporate and/or agency public relations and media relations experience
- Project management experience
- Experience working within international companies or in international markets
- Ability to travel 10%
Learn more about Fiserv:
- Experience working in financial services or technology strongly preferred
- Background working with a publicly traded company
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't thinking about "financial services". But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE� 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Yo