Communications Manager - (203829)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for developing and overseeing strategic and integrated (internal and external) communications plans and programs for Pepco DC and Pepco MD. Represents Director, PHI Portfolio Communications in their absence. Advise and counsel Pepco Region executives with respect to region-specific communications projects strategies and tactics. Ensure high quality, effective communications, including business and strategic planning for complex company initiatives and campaigns spanning capital infrastructure projects, complex regulatory reform, rate case strategies, sustainability messaging and jurisdiction-specific efforts. These projects entail oversight of integrated communication plans which span internal, external, marketing, advertising and digital media. Serve as strategic program manager for critical initiatives overseeing and facilitating resources spanning a broad portfolio of functional and regional priorities. Ensure alignment of work with Exelon and Pepco Holdings vision and strategy and coordination within and across other Exelon utilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Lead the development and execution of integrated communications strategies and programs across Pepco DC and Pepco Maryland, advising regional executives with respect to major portfolio and region-specific communications projects strategies and tactics.
2 Ensure high quality, effective communications for the Pepco region, including business and strategic planning for complex company initiatives and campaigns spanning capital infrastructure projects, complex regulatory reform, rate case strategies, sustainability messaging and jurisdiction-specific efforts.
3 Serve as the primary communication project manager for the Pepco region, coordinating an array of in-house and external human resources to advance functional and regional priorities.
4 Serve as member of Pepco Holdings Strategy & Portfolio Projects Communications team working effectively across internal communications, media relations, advertising and marketing communications to ensure cohesive alignment of activities and resources and the execution of a holistic PHI Communications strategy.
5 Periodically represent Director of PHI Portfolio Communications with Senior Business Unit/Corporate leadership.
6 Lead Pan-PHI initiatives and represent PHI on cross-Exelon utilities projects and programs.
7 Oversee budget and agencies for Pepco region integrated communications projects.
- Proven, excellent communications skills both written and interpersonal.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and project management skills.
- Masters degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, or related field; 5-7 years experience in communications and publications.
- Energy business/industry knowledge.
- Position reports directly to the Director, PHI Portfolio Communication
- Position activities are focused on integrated communications support, while participating in and supporting initiatives and projects developed by communications managers across all business units with primary emphasis on the Pepco region
- Involves proactive communication planning and plan execution, significant writing, editing and development of communications materials, and a high level of coordination with other communication functions within Corporate Communications.
- Requires strong writing, editing and project management skills.
- High level of organization, strategic thinking, and presentation required
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
: Edison Place 701 9th Street. NW WASHINGTON 20068
: BSC Communications, Public Advocacy and Corporate Relations
: Sep 21,2017, 9:35:47 PM