Locke Lord LLP is looking for a Communications Manager to be based in its Chicago, Dallas or Houston office to manage and execute public relations initiatives, including media relations and day-to-day communications activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and execute day-to-day communications initiatives and activities, including reviewing, proofreading and writing content for press releases, media pitches, the Firm’s website, external newsletters, deal and award submissions.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, proactively identify, secure, review and evaluate media opportunities for our lawyers with regional, national and trade outlets.
- Support and enhance social media efforts to further elevate lawyers, practice areas and the Locke Lord brand.
- Work closely and collaboratively with members of the Firm’s Marketing and Business Development team.
- Monitor and regularly report results of communications and public relations activities.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of Communications Specialists and Social Media Coordinator.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree is required, with a specialization in communications, journalism, or an equivalent field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of PR or Communications experience, with demonstrated ability and experience managing a team; experience in public relations agency, media or professional services industry preferred.
- Strong computer and word processing skills are required; Advance Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel software as well as the ability to learn software.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong editing skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to perform in a fast-paced environment, meeting frequent deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, the hours will vary depending on location. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel – Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Locke Lord is not working with search firms (no recruiters please).
Locke Lord is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or veteran status.