As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists' interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our users. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
YouTube’s mission is to give everyone a voice and show them the world. With over 400 hours of videos uploaded to the platform every single minute, the YouTube Consumer Communications team has an incredible opportunity to help connect people to YouTube content and creators that can help entertain, educate and inspire. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate PR self-starter to come onboard and execute consumer communications campaigns that share the best of YouTube with a broad range of consumer press.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Secure positive consumer media coverage of YouTube trends, products and campaigns in broad range of consumer and national press outlets, including broadcast placements.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with national consumer and entertainment broadcast media journalists.
- Be a media and on-camera spokesperson for YouTube, communicating the platform's benefits and broader key messages to the press.
- Coordinate across internal teams and external clients to develop and execute proactive communications plans for key YouTube consumer initiatives and marketing campaigns.
- Provide media training and real-time coaching during interviews to executives and spokespeople.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working in communications.
- 3 years of experience focused on consumer or broadcast communications.
- Broadcast experience as an on-camera spokesperson or producer with the ability to represent YouTube as a company spokesperson.
- Ability to scale public relations via creative social mediapartnerships to reach a wide array of consumer media.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and creatively to solve challenges.
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.