The Communications Manager is responsible for all Big Brothers Big Sisters of America media content. The Manager is responsible for the development, review, and revision of all content for internal and external communications. The Manager is responsible for all communication plans that promote, enhance, and protect BBBSA's values and brand reputation.
The Communications Manager must have a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other relevant field and a minimum of 3 years of related experience in a similar role. The Manager must have experience interfacing with and advising management on public relations matters and have excellent judgement and independent decision-making skills. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate their aptitude in both writing and editing content (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media. This position will travel domestically 10-20% of the time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications & Public Relations
- Manages the preparation of internal and external communication for BBBSA, including content from the CEO.
- Directs the creation of content such as stories, blog articles, best practices, and other news items to for BBBSA's internal and external audiences.
- In collaboration with the Fund Development department – assists with large communications projects including: BBBSA Annual Report; National Conference Scripts, Program Book, and Run of Show; and Strategic Plan.
- Manages public relations strategy that will allow BBBSA to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including media and key influencers.
- Organizes and develops strategies and tactics for all external campaigns and internal communication across the Big Brothers Big Sisters network.
- Ensures and oversees message and brand consistency in all printed media and digital communications (including newsletters, direct mail campaigns, press kits, agency materials, special event materials, program materials, and web content).
- Partner with marketing firm and Marketing Manager to provide insight of marketing activities, including brand stewardship.
- Works closely with the Fund Development department to develop campaigns and initiatives with partners and/or related to national events.
- Responsible for creating and managing BBBSA master calendar for external communications and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.