Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Marketing Communications Manager based in Houston, TX – Catalysts
- Maintain a knowledge of Catalysts Global Business Unit’s (GBU) market, including customers, competitors, applications, and various stakeholders
- Plan, develop and implement communications and marketing strategies, both external and internal
- Responsible for the achievement of communications/ marketing mission and goals of the GBU
- Work closely with Corporate Communications team including the functional team leads for internal and marketing communications, events and graphic design, and serve as a liaison between the Corporate Communications team and the GBU
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive communications and marketing program that will enhance GBU’s image and position within the marketplace, the general public and internally.
- Ensure consistent communication of image and position to all constituencies, both external and internal.
- Monitor issues, trends, news and social media conversations and react/respond appropriately with ideas and strategies.
- Work closely with Corporate Communications team to collaborate on cross-function projects/activities such as media relations, social media execution, employee communications, etc.
- Work closely with Public Affairs team to understand critical regulatory and legislative issues and opportunities and effectively message and communicate the business unit’s position to stakeholders.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist in the communication, marketing and positioning of activities.
- Work with Corporate external communications to leverage social media channels to tell the GBU’s story.
- Experience identifying and securing paid media opportunities
- Manage crisis communications for global business unit.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date marketing collateral, including digital, website, intranet, technical data sheets, marketing information bulletins and other print materials and video content
- Work hand-in-hand with events team to position business effectively at trade events.
- Recommend short- and long-term communications goals and objectives for the GBU.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to Business Unit senior leaders
- Create comprehensive communications and social media strategy and tactics.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or Marketing
- 5– 7 years’ work experience in a similar role required
- Chemical, Mining, Natural Extraction and/or Oil & Gas industry experience preferred, but not required
- Internal communications, media relations and key message development experience required
- Must be well versed in traditional and digital / social media
- Crisis communications experience is necessary.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Global communications experience
- Driven, positive awareness, credibility and customer/influencer advocacy through strategic communication programs based on a deep understanding of corporate employee, customer and shareholder objectives
- Able to influence others and compel change
- Sound business judgment; knows what makes compelling stories
- Well informed about trending Marcomm / PR practices
- Strategic thinker; intelligent and quick witted
- Ability to coach leaders
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Team oriented and collaborative
- Independent / self-motivated
- Dynamic personality and relationship builder to recruit support within the company and with external partners
- Strategic and creative thinker that can create integrated communications plans
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, and editorial judgment skills
- Able to work a schedule that includes frequent travel
- Scrupulous focus on professionalism, including confidentiality, timeliness, responsiveness to internal clients and willingness to support colleagues on high priority needs