As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists' interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our users. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Communications Manager, you will be responsible for leading development of narratives across ads and commerce products. Our products are going through a huge cycle of innovation in a very competitive landscape and it's never been more important for decision makers to understand the opportunity. You will work as a close advisor to our product, marketing and sales teams, and will partner with media outlets and influencers across the country.. pportunity to shape communications and help millions of businesses grow and succeed. And you'll be responsible for managing intense media interest in our business.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Develop strategies for communicating to employees, including the frequency of and vehicles for communications and the coordination of regional communications.
- Develop and edit the content of communications for executives in the Americas region, including emails, blogs and presentations.
- Coach leaders, plan and execute regular all-hands meetings and other employee meetings, and create innovative ways to communicate that information and motivate employees.
- Manage communications around internal reorganizations.
- Manage and lead a team of communications professionals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant PR experience working directly with journalists and members of the media.
- Significant writing experience, with the ability to help shape organizational and business needs into a speech or narrative.
- Ability to effectively advise executives, act as sounding board, and provide feedback when needed.
- Excellent creative and visual skills, including slide design, with experience using Google Slides or other presentation software.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Effective team player who can lead efforts across disciplines.