The Communications Lead for our Catalysts business serves as a communications advisor and storyteller providing strategy development and execution for business-focused internal and external communications programs. In partnership with global business unit (GBU) leadership and Corporate Communications, this leader helps create strategy, story-based messaging, actionable plans, and creative assets that strengthen the business brand with key stakeholders worldwide.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Partner closely with Catalysts GBU leadership to develop, execute, and measure an annual strategic communications plan that enhances our reputation with internal and external stakeholders and helps the business reach its yearly goals.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs and content that assist in the promotion and positioning of activities. Collaborate with GBU team on launching new products and maintain printed and online materials for entire product line.
- Ensure accurate marketing messaging and collateral through regular audits and updates.
- Oversee creation of business publications, like the Catalyst Courier, and advise on best practices for content and distribution.
- Manage Catalysts’ online presence – Albemarle.com, social media, intranet (Albert) – developing compelling stories and content. Work with corporate digital communications leaders on content strategy and execution.
- Develop and execute a thoughtful and measurable tradeshow/event/sponsorship plan (opportunities span U.S., Europe, Middle East and India). Partner with Corporate Events on new approaches and resources.
- Serve as primary media contact for industry/trade media. Monitor market news/trends and business mentions to recommend earned media opportunities that enhance market position. Prepare Catalysts leaders for interviews and facilitate engagements. Write content for news releases and Q&As and manage approvals. Partner with Corporate External Communications on media ideas and opportunities with non-trade media.
- Work closely with government and regulatory affairs team to understand critical regulatory and legislative issues and opportunities, and effectively message and communicate the business unit’s position to stakeholders. Serve on association committees as needed to support this work.
- Serve as primary point of contact on issues management and partner with Corporate Communications on crisis event preparation and management.
- Use Culture Survey data and stakeholder input to develop and execute impactful employee communications plans and activities. Counsel the Catalyst Leadership Team on communications needs and planning. Manage town halls and executive communications and create content (speeches, emails, presentations, etc.) as needed.
- Collaborate with fellow GBU communications leads to share ideas and best practices that will help the function operate efficiently and effectively and advance capabilities and outcomes.
- Manage, plan, and track annual Catalysts communications and events budgets in conjunction with Corporate Communications.
- Strong writing and verbal skills; excellent AP-style journalistic writing and editing practices
- Natural storyteller
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical information
- Proven ability to think strategically
- Strong judgment skills
- Willingness to learn and acquire new skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; collaborative; builds and maintains positive working relationships with executives and colleagues
- Ability to coach leaders, influence others and compel change
- Demonstrates curiosity and opportunistic approach
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, and creative
- Excellent organizational ability; detail oriented
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Works well under pressure with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines
- Chemical, Mining, Natural Extraction and/or Oil & Gas industry experience
- Business-level marketing communications experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; a committed team player
- Customer focused
- Strong work ethic
- Good sense of humor
Key Decision Areas:
- Strategy development and activity execution
- Storylines, messages and content development
- Budget creation and spend management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, communications, or marketing
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 7+ years in marketing, communications, or public relations field.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.