The Communications Payload Implementation Department provides technical leadership and expertise in the areas of spacecraft communication payloads, navigation payloads, and TT&C systems. We have extensive and well-established relationships with national security customers with a focus on concept design and mission assurance while growing our civil and commercial support.
***This role can be filled as an Aerospace Senior Member of Technical Staff or Engineering Specialist***
- Conduct independent assessment, evaluation and verification during trade study evaluations.
- Perform communication system and subsystem analyses to support requirement development, Request for Proposal (RFP) and source selection activities.
- Predict and evaluate hardware performance and degradation using analytical or simulation tools.
- Perform system and link analyses, detailed system architecture trade studies and technology evaluations.
- Participate in quick-turnaround conceptual design and advanced architecture studies for various government, civil and commercial communication and navigation systems; assemble and lead multi-disciplined teams as needed to provide a timely response.
- Support program design reviews, integration & test phases, spacecraft launch, and in-orbit check-out.
- Provide timely written and verbal technical assessment reports to program office, line management, and technical conferences.
- Lead technical teams within the department.
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering, physics or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Technical knowledge in the following areas is required: digital and bent-pipe communication systems; navigation systems; tracking, telemetry and commanding space-to-ground systems, analog and digital communication modulation and coding theory, electromagnetic theory, and digital communication hardware.
- The successful candidate should be comfortable in both fast-paced teaming environment as well as independent analytical work.
- Digital communication subsystem and system hardware assembly, integration and test (AI&T) in space communication systems, navigation systems, or TT&C systems.
- Anomaly and failure analysis management and resolution for AI&T of space systems.
- Analog and digital communication link analysis and trades.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must also possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with program office, customers, contractors, other technical personnel and various levels of management.
- Active SSBI clearance.
Required for consideration as an Engineering Specialist (In Addition)
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Leadership experience with teams.
- Advanced degree.
- 8 years experience supporting SMC and NRO space programs as a communications engineer.
- Experience in SPW, MATLAB, Microsoft Visio, Visual Basic.
- Navigation payload systems experience.
- Space communication security and transmission security methods and hardware experience.
- Requirement definition and concept design of space communication or navigation systems.
- Communication system simulation analysis experience.
- GPS receivers for space applications.
- Satellite terminal communication system experience.
- Cryptography experience.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 38081