A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Communications Payload Implementation Department provides technical leadership and expertise in the areas of spacecraft communication payloads, navigation payloads and TT&C systems. We have extensive and well-established relationships with national security customers with focus on concept design and mission assurance, and is growing our civil and commercial support.
***This position can be filled at a grade 1 or grade 2***
- Conduct independent assessment, evaluation and verification during trade study evaluations.
- Perform communication system and subsystem analyses to support requirement development, Request for Proposal (RFP) and source selection activities.
- Predict and evaluate hardware performance and degradation using analytical or simulation tools.
- Perform system and link analyses, detailed system architecturetrade studies and technology evaluations.
- Participate in quick-turnaround conceptual design and advanced architecture studies for various government, civil and commercial communication and navigation systems; assemble and lead multi-disciplined team as needed to provide timely response.
- Support program design reviews, integration & test phases, spacecraft launch and in-orbit check-out.
- Provide timely written and verbal technical assessment reports to program office, line management and technical conferences.
- Lead technical teams within the department.
- Bachelor of science degree in electricalengineering, physics or related field.
- A minimum of 5years of related experience.
- Technical knowledge in the following areas is required: digital and bentpipe communication systems; navigation systems; tracking, telemetry and commanding space-to-ground systems, analog and digital communication modulation and coding theory, electromagnetics theory, and digital communication hardware,.
- The successful candidate should be comfortable in both fast-paced teaming environment as well as independent analytical work.
- Digital communication subsystem and system hardware assembly, integration and test (AI&T) in space communication systems, navigation systems, or TT&C systems.
- Anomaly and failure analysis management and resolution for AI&T of space systems.
- Analog and digital communication link analysis and trades.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must also possess strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with program office, customers, contractors, other technical personnel and various levels of management.
- Preference given to candidates with proven leadership skills.
- Active SSBI clearance is required.
Grade 2 (In Addition)
- A minimum of 8years of related experience.
- Leadership experience with teams.
- Advanced degree.
- 8years experiencesupporting SMC and NRO space programs as a communications engineer.
- Experience in SPW, MATLAB, Microsoft Visio, Visual Basic are a plus.
- Navigation payload systems experience.
- Space communication security and transmission security methods and hardware experience.
- Requirement definition and concept design of space communication or navigation systems.
- Communication system simulation analysis experience.
- GPS receivers for space applications.
- Satellite terminal communication system experience.
- Cryptography experience.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Requisition ID: 22741