STV has an opening for a Communications Engineer to work out of any of our Portland, OR office.
The ideal candidate will be an Electrical & Electronics Engineer interested in working in a challenging environment supporting the deployment of communication and control systems in rail and transit environments, with a particular emphasis on Electronics Security Systems (ESS) including Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and Access Control Systems and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA).
Additionally, working knowledge of the following types of systems is required:
- Fiber optic & copper cabling design
- Low Voltage Electrical Distribution systems
- Conduit Infrastructure
- IP networks
- Public Address and Passenger Information Systems
- Telephone Systems
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Wireless Systems: SHF/UHF/VHF
- Provide design work for rail transit communications systems
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and government standards;
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Generates technical papers, proposals, reports, presentations and presents findings to key audiences.
- Oversee the activities of a contractor implementing the communications systems at transit properties.
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience
- Power draw calculations and optical loss calculations
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.