The Director of Communications develops and manages Sound Physicians internal and external communications strategy in support of organizational-wide goals and priorities. Working closely with the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, the Director of Communications will develop, integrate, and implement programs across a wide variety of communications channels such as executive presentations, internal events (both virtual and in-person), and digital communications that reach and engage our highly distributed workforce of clinical and business colleagues and support brand building and thought leadership efforts externally.
This role will support executive leadership as a communications adviser and strategist and work directly to build and scale the overall representation of Sound Physicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership and management of the communications team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management.
- Develop a comprehensive internal and external communications strategy that improves colleague engagement and connection to the organization's priorities.
- Analyze the effectiveness of communication programs and develops recommendations to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of communications.
- Partner with leadership on major initiatives, events, and announcements.
- Draft and/or review colleague focused communications including emails, executive presentations, FAQs, and intranet pages.
- Lead media/public relations efforts to achieve high-visibility, positive presence in leading healthcare verticals.
- Proactively identify, engage, and build relationships with industry media and other influencers across both traditional media and social media channels.
- Implement protocols and best practices in anticipation of crisis management.
- Act as a spokesperson as needed.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND TRAINING NEEDED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and editing skills with a critical eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage time effectively with tight budgets
- Experience hiring, managing, developing, and leading growing teams.
- Ability to boil down complex business language into clear, relevant messages and writing and editing with clarity of purpose, intent, and broad perspective for a variety of audiences.
- Competency in measuring the effectiveness of your communications efforts to support making data-driven strategic decisions.
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, and judgment. Experience working closely with executive leadership, including developing thought leadership platforms.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and relationship building skills. A track record of using traditional and emerging communication tools and technologies.
- Ability to influence and align partners and define clear goals and progress.
- Experience planning and executing communications at a large scale across multiple offices (e.g., rolling out a new tool or technology, leadership/change management/organizational changes, M&A).
- 10+ years of experience in planning and producing internal communications and managing external communications
- 5+ years of experience in a management or supervisory capacity
- Experience in the healthcare field managing internal and external communications preferred
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related experience