- Ultimately responsible for all corporate communications and messaging of the Ryan brand internally and in the marketplace.
- Lead (build, develop and coach) a team of skilled writers, graphic designers and audio/video specialists who create highly impactful brand and communication deliverables.
- Develop and execute the external communications strategy aligned to the Firm’s strategic growth initiatives, brand identity and client experience.
- Develop and execute the internal communications strategy aligned to the Firm’s organization structure and culture.
- Be the “editor in chief” to ensure that everything being produced by the communications team is compelling, grammatically perfect and adheres to Ryan’s branding.
- Cultivate and leverage media relationships with key influencers (people and organizations) to create opportunities to promote Ryan in the market.
- Organize media relations events for programs and major initiatives.
- Write compelling communication materials, including: key messages, press releases, executive talking points, bios, media pitches, byline articles, op-ed, blog posts and related items.
- Propose ideas proactively for social media, media pitches and interviews to stimulate exposure.
- Implement communication strategies and plans as directed by the department leader that support the Firm’s commercial objectives.
- Develop and maintain sound media relations.
- Work with Senior Leadership to serve clients and stakeholders’ needs.
- Continually measure the effectiveness of communications channels and activities and seek ways to improve and innovate.
- Develop metrics and processes that help us measure communications impact and reinforce our culture of achievement and accountability.
- Develop strategic public relations plans including press positioning, messaging, media relations strategies, creative collaboration strategies, fresh pitch ideas, and high-impact buzz marketing programs and events.
- Monitor and report news relevant to Leadership.
- Coordinate with internal Ryan resources in the most efficient and strategic way possible to provide communications support for the business with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Oversee multiple teams and work with more junior members to ensure quality results, and help them develop the skills necessary to reach the next level in their career.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to senior leadership and provide insights on internal communications strategies to increase readership, drive positive change and enhance the sense of community across the businesses.
- Convey information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, global markets.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors’ degree is required, with 10+ years’ related communications and/or client development experience with go-to-market materials. Minimum 5 years’ of experience leading and managing high-performance teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is adept at framing, positioning, and influencing.
- A deep understanding of corporate and consumer trends and the traditional and new media landscapes.
- Must be skilled in multiple areas including public relations, proposal and RFP responses, website/intranet content, and strong copy writing ability (writing samples will be required).
- Must be able to articulate key value propositions, benefits, and competitive differentiators within an established brand.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Adobe X; and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
The Director has management responsibilities for all internal and external communications employees.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 25%.