$80K — $130K
The Communications Director partners closely with Executive Leadership, Marketing, and Partner Services (Global) to develop national thought-leadership opportunities and national communication strategies aimed at building national awareness for consumer direct (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) audiences.The Communications Director leads and manages a team of communication professionals to implement/execute all communication activities in key geographic markets driving revenue and enrollment growth.
Essential Position Functions:
· Lead the national communication strategy planning and implementation, including developing appropriate messaging, identifying relevant audience segments, recommending publicity opportunities, and measuring national reach and impact.
· Lead national media activities including developing and implementing a national media strategy, arranging interviews, developing media pitches, overseeing the development of talking points, and nurturing relationships with national reporters and education writers.
· Identify ways to increase communication and engagement to aid in student recruitment, retention, and revenue growth
· Present national communication and media plans and strategies to executive leadership.
· Serve as the national media spokesperson when appropriate.
· Lead and oversee crisis communication plans and implementation, as appropriate.
· In partnership with Executive Leadership, Partner Services (Global), and Marketing Leadership, develop a strategic approach to national conference participation through speaking engagements, thought-leadership opportunities, and conference attendance.
· Lead, manage, and develop assigned direct reports, including general management, performance planning, and career/professional development.
· Stay on top of industry trends through continued education via webinars, online training, research, articles, conferences, etc.
· Work closely with department leadership to develop, oversee, and adhere to department budget.
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field
· Master’s preferred
· 7+ years communications experience
· 5+ years progressive experience supervising, managing, and/or leading others
· Public relations and national media management preferably in the education industry
Valid through: 3/9/2021