Communications Business Partner - Population Health Management and Healthcare Informatics
The world of health care is changing at great speed. Across the world, care providers are rethinking their business strategies as populations are aging and more people are living with one or more chronic conditions that need careful management. Hospitals are reorganizing in integrated delivery networks with new models of care that focus on long-term prevention and health of their populations and more effective outcomes-based therapies.
Healthcare informatics and population health management are critical to the ongoing transformation in healthcare, by enabling innovations that help care providers manage and gain new clinical insights from the fast growing amount of health data. Innovations that enable them to collaborate in new ways, across disciplines and hospitals. Emerging technologies such as wearables, platforms, predictive analytics, and genomics have the potential to enable unprecedented progression in medicine.
In this role, you are in the heart of this exciting change in healthcare. Through Philips’ global leadership position in population health management and healthcare enterprise informatics, we are improving lives of thousands of care professionals and millions of patients each and every day.
You are responsible for:
- Positioning Philips as a customer-centric leader in HealthTech across markets and businesses.
- Ensuring employees are informed and engaged in transformation.
- Activating communications in identified markets to produce HealthTech materials across markets and businesses.
- Positioning Philips as a global leader in population health management, elderly care, integrated prevention solutions, clinical informatics and connected health supporting global care providers in their transition to more sustainable value-based care delivery models.
- Developing and executing the integrated communications plan for Population Health Management and Healthcare Informatics and ensuring that 75% of the time is spent activating that plan
- Final plan agreed and shared with the business group Management teams.
- Workload planning aligned to the plan
- Demonstrable prioritization of your workload to deliver on the agreed communications objectives
- Execute on agreed upon communications annual plan.
- Complete media training
- Shadow and support media professional at a key event
- Complete stakeholder management training
- Complete change management training
- Positive acknowledgement by BG leadership of integrated approach and knowledge
You are a part of:
The Business Group Communications Team. The BG Communications Business Partner works above the Business & Market Combination (BMC), leading internal and external reputation communications for the Healthcare Informatics and Population Health Management Business Groups. They work closely with the Marketing Communications team to ensure that products, campaigns, partnerships and other important news is elevated to a reputation and brand level and effectively communicated internally. The Business Group Communications Business Partner will play a central role on external announcements that are strategic and/or multi-markets, working closely with other teams in the wider Integrated Communications team.
A significant portion of the Communications Business Partner’s time is also spent on Healthcare Informatics and Population Health Management employee and leadership communications, ensuring optimal and regular flow of need-to-know information to employees via various channels, including newsletters, blogs, town halls, and webcasts. In this capacity, he/she will work closely with the HI and PHM leadership teams, including the HR leader on driving ongoing organizational change programs.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A university degree in a communications-related discipline and equivalent 10+ years’ work experience in external and internal communication
- Proven track record in the healthcare industry
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver on deadline
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with software applications including MS Outlook, MS Office required. Experience with HTML, web editing, and basic graphic design a bonus.
- Demonstrable confidence; is highly motivated and results-oriented
- Applies strong business acumen to work
- Excellent communication skills; understanding of functional communications best practice.
- Ability to influence without authority
- Pro-active approach to communications program development