Using a combination of brand journalism/PR/communications, business and leadership skills, this position is responsible for the following:
• Developing and executing integrated communication plans that drive and support company strategies and goals. Ability to engage key stakeholders throughout the company and its regions/core markets and take responsibility for projects, including mobilizing resources, managing schedule, and ensuring successful project delivery.
• Contributing to development of content strategy and ability to create engaging content that supports key company messages and business objectives—maintaining consistent voice that represents the brand while adjusting tone and style for specific target audiences.
• Creating a variety of content – written, visual, interactive – that can convey stories across all appropriate channels.
• Leading select national communications and brand efforts for core markets or business priorities as determined appropriate (e.g. MEP, VDC, Tech and Innovation, safety, people practices, etc.)
• Liaising with company thought leaders, project teams, marketing and sales contacts to mine for stories and provide feedback.
• Developing a deep understanding of DPR's culture, business and the industry and helping to build and sustain the company's authentic message and reputation that increases brand value and produces truly great results.
• Analyzing and quantifying results to ensure content drives toward business goals and objectives.
• Being a strong ambassador, curator, jester and protector of the DPR brand.
In addition, this position will be an active and engaged member of a high-performing team committed to the following:
• Protect the brand—help build a consistent and accurate external/internal message
• Share knowledge—make sure everyone has access to the best information and help others use it
• Communicate effectively—improve communications for fluid information transfer
• Leverage content—look at how everything produced can be used and scaled across the organization
• Promote data accuracy—build consistency within a decentralized organization
• Collaborate—operate as a can-do member of the high performing team
• Be accountable—accomplish goals and meet deadlines
• Get work, do work and take care of people
We are looking for a flexible, results-driven team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work and consistently meet deadlines. Successful candidate must possess:
• 5-7+ years of experience in business-to-business communications. AEC industry experience is a plus.
• Strong organizational and communication skills (written, oral and visual)
• Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
• Creative thinking and ability to write/edit clear, engaging and grammatically correct content
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Availability to travel
• This candidate will sit in the San Diego, Newport Beach, Pasadena or Phoenix office