As part of Principal’s Direct to Consumer team, the Communications Strategist II will develop and implement integrated marketing communication programs and campaigns to promote the company’s brand image, individual retirement planning and strategies to help our customers live their best life. In addition, this role will manage assigned projects and deliver on strategies including digital, email marketing, social and/or print to meet our customer where they are.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Project/Resource Management: Manage projects/resources to accomplish marketing communication objectives in an effective and efficient manner.
- Digital/Content Marketing: Manage digital strategy, including facilitation of email marketing strategies, targeted, well-written web content, and social media. Participate in content strategy development and execution across all marketing channels to increase brand awareness, engagement, acquisition, retention and pipeline. Measure and analyze effectiveness of campaigns.
- Strategy: Independently develop integrated marketing communication programs and strategies. Translate marketing/business plans, competitive research and information into effective, efficient and innovative communication strategies that support business unit goals. Plan, organize, manage and control marketing communications projects.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, and serve as liaison between the business, IT, digital resources, and marketing to lead mid-scale marketing campaigns. Serve as liaison to and between external advertising agencies, technology firms, print suppliers and other marketing related vendors.
- Other: Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of 8years’ experience.
- 6+ years related marketing experience (Content creation, implementing marketing campaigns, etc.)
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, analytical, presentation, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of various digital media platforms and experience with content marketing as well as implementing full scale integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experienced in project management and marketing, public relations, advertising or corporate communications, preferably with a financial services firm or advertising agency with similar client base.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of business unit applications preferred.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and use fingers, arms, hands, or wrists repetitively.
- Travel, including overnight stays, may be required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in a matrix-driven environment; manage expectations and focus on results-orientation in a deadline-driven, multiple project environment.