We are seeking a Communication Spectrum Engineer to provide spectrum management regulatory and policy expertise, as well as to analyze and create communication analysis tools, which can be utilized for spectrum management. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing communication policy.
***This role can be supported from our Aerospace El Segundo, CA OR Chantilly, VA location***
- Provide technical analysis and technical leadership to develop the next generation of communication architectures, requirements, and space policy.
- Provide systems engineering and spectrum management expertise in space and terrestrial communication architectures.
- Perform radio frequency interference analysis of communication systems to promote spectrum sharing and resolve spectrum contention issues.
- Perform waveform and RFI analysis for frequency management, spectrum planning, spectrum registration, and space policy.
- Provide analysis and evaluations of national and international spectrum policy activities.
- Survey and identify trends in spectrum usage and develop new communication architectures and concepts.
- Assess the performance of satellite and ground systems, communications links, and wireless network protocols.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Provide independent technical leadership, mentorship, and direction to less experienced staff.
- Coordinate tasks and participate in technical meetings with SMC, NRO, Navy, NOAA, NASA, and Civil & Commercial program office representatives.
- Present technical and project status briefings to management and customers.
- Travel to customer facilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or science.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
- Active, or able to acquire, Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Experience with spectrum management, spectrum policy, and spectrum regulations.
- Strong background in communication systems, architectures, and networks.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize architectures based on analysis, system design, coding, modulation, network, and spectrum utilization parameters.
- Project development experience and demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer interface skills are needed, as is a demonstrated ability to interact with customer and contractor personnel in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports.
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral communication, skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor team members.
- New business development experience.
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, communications, or systems engineering.
- Experience with communication space policy.
- Knowledge of International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Radio Regulations and Allocations and National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) spectrum management systems and processes.
- Working knowledge of interoperability and standards; spectrum management; protocols and infrastructures; wireless communications and network design.
- Knowledge of various SMC and NRO programs is important, especially classified systems, MILSATCOM, terminal program offices, MUOS, GPS, AFSCN and Launch Range.
- Experience in space systems engineering development and acquisition.
- Experience with protected satellite communications.
- Experience with anti-jam designs and analysis.
- Experience with RFP/acquisition documentation development and review.
Requisition ID: 40003.