TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for communicating TranSystems' brand and value proposition to both internal and external audiences. This includes developing high quality written and visual content to communicate on behalf of the company both internally to employees and externally to clients and potential clients and employees. In addition, he/she will maintain positive relationships with other corporate teams, business development and the offices.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration or major in business administration, marketing, journalism, English, communications, graphic design, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience is required in writing, graphic design, and content creation.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with a focused attention to details.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Applicant must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING.
- OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Manage and Execute Internal Communications
- Manage and serve as editor for monthly internal newsletter
- Draft and assign stories
- Stay in touch with company news, changes
- Maintain strong relationships throughout the company to drive content
- Integrate news on all channels, including lobby screens and Intranet site
- Develop visually appealing slides to inform both employees and office visitors across the company of news, including project milestones, awards, media, etc.
- Seek new ways to communicate with our employees both in the offices and in the field.
- Maintain relationships with other corporate functions that need to communicate regularly to employees.
- Print and Digital Communications Design
- Maintain and update TranSystems social media accounts and website
- Seek new ways to promote the brand, recruit talent and promote our people
- Design graphics for brochures, web, social media
- Collaborate with Business Development colleagues to support specific business opportunities with targeted content for presentations, proposals, client meetings, and other marketing outreach efforts.
- A strong communicator with the proven ability to meet deadlines and build strong relationships with personnel throughout the company.
- Willingness to assume responsibility, take ownership, be proactive and make decisions.
- Highly organized with an independent, self-starting personality that is effective working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate the goals of the company.
- Ability to maintain an objective, rational perspective while providing a logical, pragmatic and factual approach to problem solving.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
- Proven ability to work with multiple people in a persistent, tactful, and enthusiastic manner.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with a focus on details.
- A positive attitude and the flexibility to do whatever is needed to support the company's goals.
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%