Every day we strive to achieve the central purpose of our mission: “to improve the health status of the community”. We are thinkers and innovators, and as the largest private employer in the Central Valley, we are doers. As a Communication Specialist II with Community Medical Centers, creating engaging content and delivering compelling communication isn’t just another day at the office for you, it’s what you’re called to do. You get excited about new trends in video and digital media, but you also love to edit and polish your writing styles for various audiences.
Below is a snapshot of what you may be involved with on a day to day basis.
• Developing and implementing strategic communication plans and initiatives.
• Writing, editing, and producing engaging content for print, video, and digital media.
• Collaborating with various internal and external contacts to create and carry out marketing and communication projects.
• Providing creative input and innovative techniques to advance Community Medical Centers’ marketing and communication strategies.
We can offer you challenges to professionally grow AND the resources to succeed.
You will be welcomed and supported by a team of 12 experiencing the same challenges and celebrating the same wins – it is a very collaborative group! Our Director of Marketing & Communications is highly involved, brings a wealth of industry knowledge to lead this team, and will provide guidance to you in your career. If you are seeking a career that matches your passion for helping people through your communication skills then continue reading below!
Your Marketing & Communication Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
We are looking for a professional who is experienced in Communication / Marketing / Public Relations and thrives on a fast paced environment and complex work, while being committed to excellence in their profession.
You can expect this communication role to be unlike others you may have experienced before. Creating effective communications for employees, patients, and physicians, through a variety of channels, is a core function of the Communication Specialist II. As a healthcare provider, our environment can be quite complex and unfamiliar, even for those who have been in the healthcare industry for a period of time. Someone that can be comfortable with being uncomfortable, and will ask a lot of questions, is more likely to succeed.
In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Producing and supervising well-written and engaging content for print, video, digital/social media communication while effectively managing project progress and deadlines.
• Acting as a strategic and collaborative partner with leaders, project managers, and other key stakeholders to ensure successful communication tactics.
• Protecting and promoting Community Medical Centers’ brand in an appropriate, coordinated and consistent manner.
• Developing and maintaining content for Community Medical Centers’ robust internal employee intranet.
• Demonstrating personal initiative, creativity and inventiveness with each assignment.
Experience and education minimum requirements:
Communication Specialist II
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or other related field.
• 5 or more years of progressively responsible, professional communications experience.
Preferred: Experience working in the Healthcare industry or in a Healthcare setting.
Job Number: 2018-10843